Cancer Screening + Risk Analytics, Whole Exome Sequencing (WES) and Pharmacogenomics Reporting
+ Genetic Counselling
What is Whole Exome Sequencing?
- WES determines the DNA sequences of all of the protein-coding regions of genes in an individual’s genome.
- Our WES technique provides even more information as it includes the sequencing of additional regions of the genome that are known to have links to disease but occur outside of the protein-coding regions, thereby providing a complete picture of a person’s DNA as it relates to their health.
- Furthermore, as more genes are linked to cancers in future research, the whole exome data we provide to you could be re-analysed in the future. This is not just true for cancers, but for all genetic disorders.
What genes are analysed?
- Our cancer panel provides in depth analysis of the following genes, which are linked to colorectal, stomach, pancreatic, breast, ovarian, skin, thyroid and endocrine cancers:
APC, ATM, AXIN2, BAP1, BARD1, BMPR1A, BRCA1, BRCA2, BRIP1, CDC73, CDH1, CDKN2A, CHEK2, DICER1, EPCAM, FH, FLCN,KIT, MEN1, MET, MLH1, MSH2, MSH6, NF1, NF2, PALB2, PDGFRA, PMS2, POLD1, POLE, PTCH1, PTEN, RAD51C, RAD51D, RB1, RET, SDHA, SDHAF2, SDHB, SDHC, SDHD, SMAD4, SMARCA4, SMARCB1, STK11, TMEM127, TP53, TSC1, TSC2, VHL, WT1
What is Pharmacogenomic analysis?
- Pharmacogenomic analysis (otherwise known as PGx) is the examination of an individual’s DNA in order to predict how they will respond to certain medications.
- PGx is particularly relevant to cancer patients and other individuals who are likely to be prescribed complex medications for disease and pain management.
- It is a next generation, precision medical approach that enables individualised drug prescription to eliminate trial and error prescribing.
- It reduces the risk of adverse reactions
- It increases the possibility of therapeutic success.
- By determining how an individual responds to a specific medication, we can help recommend whether a higher or lower dose or a different medication should be prescribed.
How are the reuslts shown?
Our reports are of the highest medical and clinical grade which will interpret, show genetic relevance, and provide recommendations where applicable.
You can find a sample report here: click to download
How it works
- Request a test
- Fill application
- Take test at home
- Get results